The City of Mitoyo
Hello! This is Mitoyo!
Mitoyo is located in the countryside of western Kagawa Prefecture on the island of Shikoku in Japan.
We believe the key to the future of Mitoyo lies in sharing all of its charms by interacting with many visitors while also preserving the local culture, nature, and scenery. Visitors find that they always want to return.
Mitoyo is a great city and we want to share that greatness with the whole world!
Getting to Mitoyo
Mitoyo is on the island of Shikoku in Japan.
Kagawa Prefecture, also known as Sanuki, is one of the oldest and most traditional places in Japan.
Many of these traditions, and the beautiful nature, have been preserved to this day.
Mitoyo is located in the heart of it all.
- Approximate transit times to Mitoyo by plane
（Closest airport: Takamatsu International Airport）
- 2.5 hours from Taipei
- 2 hours from Shanghai
- 1.5 hours from Seoul
- 1 hour from Tokyo (Narita/Haneda)
- Approximate transit times to Mitoyo by JR
（Closest station: JR Takuma Station）
- 2 hours from Shin-Osaka Station by bullet and local trains
- 1 hour from Okayama or Takamatsu Station
- 2 hours from Matsuyama Station
- 2 hours from Hiroshima by bullet and local trains
- Approximate transit times to Mitoyo by bus
- 3.5 hours from Kansai International Airport
- 1.5 hours from Takamatsu Airport by limousine bus and local trains
Mitoyo is a small city nestled in the countryside and is home to beautiful forests, nature, and adorable little islands that are easily accessible by ferry.
Mt. Shiude, our most famous mountain, features numerous cherry blossoms in the spring and impressive hydrangeas in the early summer that look fantastic against the dazzling blue of the Seto Inland Sea.
In the summer, there are many things to enjoy in Mitoyo, from swimming to camping and beyond. Marine leisure sports and cycling are even more ways to explore and discover the Shonai Peninsula and Seto Inland Sea.
Mitoyo natives are quick to warmly welcome visitors. Mitoyans may almost be too nice, but visitors never forget the warm hospitality they find in Mitoyo.