Getting to Mitoyo
Mitoyo is on the island of Shikoku in Japan.
Kagawa Prefecture, also known as Sanuki, is one of the oldest and most traditional places in Japan.
Many of these traditions, and the beautiful nature, have been preserved to this day.
- Approximate transit times to Mitoyo by plane
（Closest airport: Takamatsu International Airport）
- 2.5 hours from Taipei
- 2 hours from Shanghai
- 1.5 hours from Seoul
- 1 hour from Tokyo (Narita/Haneda)
- Approximate transit times to Mitoyo by JR
（Closest station: JR Takuma Station）
- 2 hours from Shin-Osaka Station by bullet and local trains
- 1 hour from Okayama or Takamatsu Station
- 2 hours from Matsuyama Station
- 2 hours from Hiroshima by bullet and local trains
- Approximate transit times to Mitoyo by bus
- 3.5 hours from Kansai International Airport
- 1.5 hours from Takamatsu Airport by limousine bus and local trains
How to Get to Mitoyo
Japan Rail Pass
A collaborative effort from 6 different JR groups,
the Japan Rail Pass is the most affordable way to travel around Japan by train!
What Should I do When I Get to JR Takuma Station?
1Arrive at Takuma Station
This is what Takuma Station looks like.
2Store Your Luggage at the Station!
The JR staff can take your luggage off your hands and store it at the station for a small fee.
←Look for this sign near the ticket gate.
3Travel to Your Destination!
Getting Around in Mitoyo
- Cost: Kei car ￥3,500 (12 hours)
Convertible ￥5,000 (3 hours)
- Convertibles and cars for families avilable!
※Drivers license required.
※Reservations required in advance.
Mitoyo Tourism Association
Rental Bicycle Information
All 8-speed rental cycles come equipped with
electronic assistance units, making hills easy to climb!
- Cost: 4 hours - ￥1,000 ; 1day - ￥1,500
- Hours of Operation: 9:00AM - 5:00PM
- Closed: Tuesday(Subject to change during National Holidays)
- Must be at least 148cm tall and of junior high school age or older
- Info: Mitoyo Tourism Association (inside Marine Wave)
- firstname.lastname@example.org *ID required
- ・Takuma Koutsu: 0875-83-3136
- ・Motoyama Taxi: 0875-62-2128
- ・Sakura Taxi: 0875-72-5048
- ・Kamoda Taxi: 0875-72-2121
- ・Kawata Taxi: 0875-72-2918
(Awashima ・ Shishijima)